Read Our Latest Issue
We are pleased to annouce the latest issue of MIS Quarterly, Volume 46, Issue 4. See the table of contents here.
News & Updates from MISQ
Upcoming MISQ Meetings at ICIS
This year's ICIS is just around the corner. Board members, make sure to save the dates for our MISQ meetings that take place during the conference. Registration for ICIS is not necessary to attend our meetings, but if you'd like to register for the conference, you can do so here.
- Full Board Meeting and Awards Luncheon (In-Person): Sunday, December 11 from 12:00 - 3:00 PM CET
- Full Board Meeting (Online only for those not attending ICIS in-person): Monday, December 12 from 4:00 - 7:00 AM CET / 3:00 - 6:00 AM UTC
- Senior Editor Meeting (In-Person): Monday, December 12 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM CET
- Senior Editor Meeting (Online only for those not attending ICIS in-person): Tuesday, December 13 from 6:00 - 8:00 AM CET / 5:00 - 7:00 AM UTC
Submission Updates Beginning January 1, 2022
The MISQ will be requiring some new items from paper submissions. They are outlined below:
- APA Style: Beginning with papers published in the June 2022 issue, MISQ will be utilizing APA 7th edition for all future papers. All papers will need to be formatted to APA by that time. The biggest impact this will have is on the references style.
- Research Transparency Statement: All new submissions must be accompanied by a commitment by the author(s) in the paper’s cover letter to make transparency materials available in the round after receiving a minor revision decision. For revisions submitted after January 1, 2022, where the original version was submitted to MIS Quarterly before January 1, 2022, authors can volunteer to make transparency materials available, but they are not required to do so. For more information regarding this intiative, please visit the June 2021 Editor’s Comments.
Additionally, authors will need to complete a transparency commitment and upload the completed document as part of their submission. A template is here for authors to download. Authors will need to upload this document during Step 2: Upload Files > add this file as "Miscellaneous."
- Cover Letter Sample: MISQ’s sample cover letter has been updated to reflect these new initiatives. You can visit Instructions for Authors > Sample Cover Letter for more details.